Welcome to NurtureYou Yoga, Winchester
Everyone, at any age, can benefit from yoga; perhaps you're new to yoga or returning after a break? Whether a beginner or improver, NurtureYou's accessible classes offer an ideal way to learn about yoga and improve your health and wellbeing. Studies suggest that yoga is a safe and effective way to increase physical activity, especially strength, flexibility and balance. It is beneficial for aches and pains (including lower back pain), high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, anxiety and stress (NHS).
My online and outdoor classes have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where you will feel valued and, with regular practice, you will reach your full potential, whatever that might be. I guarantee that your body and mind will feel so much better after each class, and even better with regular attendance.
Yoga has formed an important part of my life, helping me balance a demanding career as a social worker, yoga teacher, facilitator and life coach with family responsibilities. I now enjoy the privilege of teaching Hatha yoga classes in and around, Winchester, Hampshire. I also offer private 1-2-1 and small group classes. These are particularly beneficial if you are a beginner, returning to yoga after an injury, or needing postures adapted for one or more conditions.
I am a registered Independent Yoga Network (IYN) yoga teacher 500 hours (Friends of Yoga [FRYOG] and Real Yoga, 2017; my initial teaching qualification was awarded by Wingrove Yoga School/ FRYOG, 1984, Distinction). I hold a Certificate in Mentoring and Coaching, Bristol Business School, UWE and Bristol Centre for Mentoring and Coaching, 2016 (Distinction) and a PhD from the School of Management, University of Bath, 2008.
I look forward to welcoming you at one of my classes very soon so that you can experience the fantastic body-mind benefits that yoga can bring.
''Do your practice and all is coming''
Sri K Patthabi Jois
Our Outdoor & Online Classes
Autumn Yoga Outdoors & Private Classes 2020
Book Autumn Yoga outdoors, single tickets and class pass
- I am continuing to offer yoga outdoors this Autumn - Micheldever Station & St Giles Hill, Winchester - alternate weekends weather permitting and pop-up St Giles Hill when the forecast is good.
- Places limited to five, with own mat; 2m socially distanced, adhering to Covid-19 secure guidelines throughout. £15 per student.
- Wrap up warm and join me for some exhilarating elemental yoga outdoors this Autumn, and into next Spring!
Enquire about private yoga indoors and out
- Private outdoor yoga classes St Giles Hill, Winchester, or in my Winchester garden and home studio, Mondays to Wednesdays and alternate Sunday . . . weather permitting outdoors!
- £50 one student, 75 minutes; £60 two students, 75 minutes.
- Private classes will adhere to Covid-19 secure guidelines throughout.
- If you'd prefer classes in your own home or garden, please get in touch.
"You will leave a NurtureYou yoga class feeling great, I promise!"
Stay fit & well this Winter with some great value yoga class passes!
Book live-streamed NurtureYou Yoga single tickets & class passes
- Monday, 12.00-12.45 & Wednesday 08.00-08.45: Yoga Stretch & Shine Zoom live-streamed class. All abilities.
- Monday, 20.00-20.45, Tuesday, 12.00-12.45, and 18.15-19.00: Yoga Nourish, Balance, Restore Zoom live-streamed class. All abilities. These classes are especially suitable for beginners.
- Wednesday evenings, 7th & 21st Oct, 20.00-20.45: Deep Relaxation Yoga Nidra, Zoom live-streamed class.
- Our pick 'n mix class passes can be used against any NurtureYou Online class.
We offer friendly online and outdoor classes, with minimal, no fuss yoga kit (mat/ towel, scarf/ dressing gown belt, blanket or two and thick book) required to get you started.
NurtureYou yoga classes are designed for all levels of ability. Sessions typically include warm up stretches; different postures (Asanas), adapted for every level; breathing exercises (Pranayama); and a short meditation (Dhyana) or lovely relaxation to finish on.
"For me yoga is all about being still in your mind and comfortable in your body."
"Love the class, wouldn't change a thing!" Laurel
"For years I had intended to go to a yoga class and then, one day, I came across Jocelyn and NurtureYou Yoga. I started going to classes in March 2019; they are very friendly, thoughtful and well planned, with real benefits for both mind and body. To make up for lost time, I have also had some private 1-2-1 classes which are especially helpful for a beginner. . . The private classes are tailor made, helping me gain more knowledge about yoga and increasing my confidence to practice at home." Kathryn
"Yoga out of doors feels so good being next to nature on a summer's day. Jocelyn provides a theme each week; this adds thoughtful interest to the sessions which help develop positivity, strength, balance and flexibility of body & mind. Many thanks." Harry
" . . . What a difference [the online classes] have made to my physical and mental well-being . . . you manage to fit so much in, and bring a sense of calm and reason in these challenging times."
“Your [online lunchtime] classes have provided such a wonderful structure to my day and have really helped me to maintain a focus with my work!"