Welcome to NurtureYou Yoga, Winchester
BOOK Summer yoga outdoors 21st & 28th July
REQUEST LINK: Donation-based Zoom Yoga, Mon-Thurs, 12-12.30; ideal if you're WFH/furloughed/ fancy a stretch.
Everyone, at any age, can benefit from yoga; perhaps you're new to yoga or returning after a break? Whether a beginner or improver, NurtureYou's accessible classes offer an ideal way to learn about yoga and improve your health and wellbeing. Studies suggest that yoga is a safe and effective way to increase physical activity, especially strength, flexibility and balance. It is beneficial for aches and pains (including lower back pain), high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, anxiety and stress (NHS).
My online and in situ classes have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where you will feel valued and, with regular practice, you will reach your full potential, whatever that might be. I guarantee that your body and mind will feel so much better after each class, and even better with regular attendance.
Yoga has formed an important part of my life, helping me balance a demanding career as a social worker, yoga teacher, facilitator and life coach with family responsibilities. I now enjoy the privilege of teaching Hatha yoga classes in and around, Winchester, Hampshire. I also offer private 1-2-1 and small group classes. These are particularly beneficial if you are a beginner, returning to yoga after an injury, or needing postures adapted for one or more conditions.
I am a registered Independent Yoga Network (IYN) yoga teacher 500 hours (Friends of Yoga [FRYOG] and Real Yoga, 2017; my initial teaching qualification was awarded by Wingrove Yoga School/ FRYOG, 1984, Distinction). I hold a Certificate in Mentoring and Coaching, Bristol Business School, UWE and Bristol Centre for Mentoring and Coaching, 2016 (Distinction) and a PhD from the School of Management, University of Bath, 2008.
I look forward to welcoming you at one of my classes very soon so that you can experience the fantastic body-mind benefits that yoga can bring.
''Do your practice and all is coming''
Sri K Patthabi Jois
Our Online Classes and Venues
Summer 2020 Class Timetable
Book Summer Yoga outdoors.
- Tues 21st & 28th July on the Field next to the Warren Centre, Micheldever Station, SO21 3AR. August dates available w/c 27th July.
- A NurtureYou Hatha Yoga class, Tues eves outdoors when fine during July & Aug; online if wet.
- Choice of two class times: 5.15-6.15pm or 6.30-7.30pm. Places limited to five, with own mat & 2m social distancing. £12 per student.
- These outdoor classes replace the normal weekly Tues eve class held in the lovely Warren Centre. Indoor classes will resume when government guidance permits.
Receive this week's daily links for live-streamed yoga
In response to the pandemic, these are 'contribute-what-you-can-afford', online yoga classes for 'Every-body'. Simply donate at the end of each week or fortnight; FREE first class.
- Monday, Wednesday, 12-12.30, 'Yoga Stretch & Strengthen' Zoom live-streamed class.
- Tuesday, Thursday, 12-12.30, 'Yoga Nourish, Balance, Restore' Zoom live-streamed class.
- Wednesday evening NurtureYou Hatha Yoga, 5.30-6.30pm, Zoom live-streamed class.
Enquire about a private yoga outdoors
- July & August: Private classes for one or two students, social distanced, in my Winchester garden or yours, available Mon to Thurs by appointment.
- *SPECIAL OFFER* 4 week class pass July & Aug, save £40 on private outdoor classes, all abilities, ideal for beginners and families.
- Friendly online and in situ classes, with minimal, no fuss yoga kit (mat/ towel, scarf/ dressing gown belt, blanket or two and thick book) required to get you started.
NurtureYou yoga classes are designed for all levels of ability. Sessions typically include warm up stretches; different postures (Asanas), adapted for every level; breathing exercises (Pranayama); and a short meditation (Dhyana) or lovely relaxation to finish on.
For me yoga is all about being comfortable in your body, whatever your age, and still in your mind. You will leave a NurtureYou class feeling great. Promise!
- BACK IN SEPTEMBER WHEN EXERCISE INDOORS ALLOWED: Tues eve Hatha Yoga, Warren Centre, Micheldever Station, SO21 3AR.
- BACK OUTDOORS FOR UP TO FIVE STUDENTS: Thursday morning Chair Yoga, Sutton Scotney.
- TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED Thursday evening 'Relax into Yoga', 6.00-7.00pm, St Lawrence Parish Room, Winchester, SO23 9LH, and 7.45-8.45pm, energieFitness Gym, The Brooks Shopping Centre, Winchester, SO23 8QY - gym membership required.
- TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED Sunday morning, Park Yoga,Oram's Arbour, 9.30-10.30am, Clifton Road, Winchester, SO22 5BU.
"Love the class, wouldn't change a thing!" Laurel
"For years I had intended to go to a yoga class and then, one day, I came across Jocelyn and NurtureYou Yoga. I started going to classes in March 2019; they are very friendly, thoughtful and well planned, with real benefits for both mind and body. To make up for lost time, I have also had some private 1-2-1 classes which are especially helpful for a beginner. There is ample time to concentrate on particular postures, with suitable adaptations relating to any medical issues, and for relaxation and meditation. The private classes are tailor made, helping me gain more knowledge about yoga and increasing my confidence to practice at home." Kathryn
Summer 2020 Zoom Yoga
" . . . Just half an hour's practice, but so regular that it gives a spine to the week . . . it's valuable outreach you're offering."
". . . What a difference [the lunchtime classes] have made to my physical and mental well-being . . . you manage to fit so much in, and bring a sense of calm and reason in these challenging times."
“Your classes have provided such a wonderful structure to my day and have really helped me to maintain a focus with my work”!
“ I loved the flow at the end of the class . . and the relaxation . . . was just lovely.”