Welcome to NurtureYou Yoga, Winchester, Hampshire
Everyone, at any age, can benefit from yoga; perhaps you're new to yoga or returning after a break. Whether a beginner or improver, NurtureYou classes offer an ideal way back into yoga or a foundation on which to build and strengthen your practice.
My classes have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where you will feel valued and, with regular practice, you will reach your full potential, whatever that might be. I guarantee that your body and mind will feel so much better after each class, and even better with regular attendance.
Yoga has formed an important part of my life. First as a mother, when I was introduced to yoga after pregnancy, and then subsequently training as a yoga teacher in the 1980s. From initial qualification onwards, I used yoga to support me in a series of demanding full-time jobs. I now enjoy the privilege of teaching Hatha yoga classes in the beautiful city of Winchester and in the leafy Hampshire countryside at Micheldever Station; I also offer private 1-2-1 and small group classes. These are particularly beneficial if you are a beginner, returning to yoga after a break or injury, or needing postures adapted for one or more conditions.
I am a registered Independent Yoga Network (IYN) yoga teacher 500 hours (Friends of Yoga [FRYOG] and Real Yoga, 2017; my initial teaching qualification was awarded by Wingrove Yoga School/ FRYOG, 1984, Distinction). I hold a Certificate in Mentoring and Coaching, Bristol Business School, UWE and Bristol Centre for Mentoring and Coaching, 2016 (Distinction) and a PhD from the School of Management, University of Bath, 2008.
I look forward to welcoming you one of my classes very soon so that you can experience the fantastic body-mind benefits that yoga can bring.
''Do your practice and all is coming''
Sri K Patthabi Jois
- Tuesday evening Hatha Yoga, 6.30-7.30pm, The Warren Centre, Andover Road, Micheldever Station, SO21 3AR
- Thursday evening Hatha Yoga, 6.00-7.00 pm, St. Lawrence Parish Room, Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LH
- Private 1-2-1 and small group classes available Tues to Fri by appointment.
NurtureYou yoga classes are designed for all levels of ability; I encourage my students to take the time to 'NurtureYou'.
Each class includes warm ups as we steadily work towards different postures (Asanas) each week, breathing exercises (Pranayama) and a short meditation (Dhyana) or lovely relaxation to finish on. You will leave class feeling great, I promise!
Stretch, Strengthen, Relax, Renew
- Autumn Term 2019 ends Sun 8th December after our Place2Be Yoga Fundraiser 5.00-6.00pm (see below for details).
- Spring Term 2020 commences Tues 7th January.
- Free parking on site at both venues; Micheldever Train Station is a short, five minute walk away from the Warren Centre with trains every half hour at peak times.
- Friendly classes, and all the kit (mats etc.) to get you started. Everyone welcome
- *Autumn Term 2019 Special Offers*
Only £5 cash drop-in for your first 'taster' class. £10 cash drop-in thereafter.
- December 2019 'Relax into Christmas' NurtureYou Yoga Fundraiser in aid of the leading national children's mental health charity, Place2Be, Sunday 8th Dec, 5.00-6.00pm at the Warren Centre, SO21 3AR; Community Cafe open 4.00-7.00pm for seasonal refreshments. Suggested donation £10-12 for the yoga, all proceeds going to our chosen Christmas charity Place2Be.
Practical Details and Fundraising
"Love the class, wouldn't change a thing!"
"Thank you for being so kind and gentle in my first term of yoga." Emma
"I have been attending Jocelyn's NurtureYou Yoga classes since Nov 17, initially for relaxation. Not only are the classes very relaxing for the mind, but I have encountered wonderful physical benefits as well. As a fairly active tennis player and dog walker, I was constantly experiencing 'niggles' like tight shoulder, chest and hamstring muscles, and poor flexibility. These issues have improved immensely since starting NurtureYou Yoga. I highly recommend Jocelyn's classes, if like me, you want to achieve a more resilient and relaxed body and mind."