Welcome to NurtureYou Yoga, Winchester, Hampshire
Everyone, at any age, can benefit from yoga; perhaps you're new to yoga or returning after a break. Whether a beginner or improver, NurtureYou classes offer an ideal way back into yoga or a foundation on which to build and strengthen your practice.
My classes have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where you will feel valued and, with regular practice, you will reach your full potential, whatever that might be. I guarantee that your body and mind will feel so much better after each class, and even better with regular attendance.
Yoga has formed an important part of my life. First as a mother, when I was introduced to yoga after pregnancy, and then subsequently training as a yoga teacher in the 1980s. From initial qualification onwards, I used yoga to support me in a series of demanding full-time jobs. I now enjoy the privilege of teaching Hatha yoga classes in the beautiful city of Winchester and in the leafy Hampshire countryside at Micheldever Station; I also offer private 1-2-1 and small group classes. These are particularly beneficial if you are a beginner, returning to yoga after a break or injury, or needing postures adapted for one or more conditions.
I am a registered Independent Yoga Network (IYN) yoga teacher 500 hours (Friends of Yoga [FRYOG] and Real Yoga, 2017; my initial teaching qualification was awarded by Wingrove Yoga School/ FRYOG, 1984, Distinction). I hold a Certificate in Mentoring and Coaching, Bristol Business School, UWE and Bristol Centre for Mentoring and Coaching, 2016 (Distinction) and a PhD from the School of Management, University of Bath, 2008.
I look forward to welcoming you at one of my classes very soon so that you can experience the fantastic body-mind benefits that yoga can bring.
''Do your practice and all is coming''
Sri K Patthabi Jois
- Tuesday evening 'Relax into Yoga', 6.30-7.30pm, The Warren Centre, Andover Road, Micheldever Station, SO21 3AR.
- Thursday evening 'Relax into Yoga', 6.00-7.00 pm, St. Lawrence Parish Room, Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LH
and 7.45-8.45pm, energieFitness Gym, The Brooks Shopping Centre, Winchester, SO23 8QY - gym membership required.
- Private 1-2-1 and small group classes available Tues to Fri by appointment.
NurtureYou yoga classes are designed for all levels of ability; I encourage my students to take the time to 'NurtureYou'.
Each class includes warm ups as we steadily work towards different postures (Asanas) each week, breathing exercises (Pranayama) and a short meditation (Dhyana) or lovely relaxation to finish on. You will leave class feeling great, I promise!
Stretch, Strengthen, Relax, Renew
- Spring Term 2020 ends Tues 31st March at the Warren Centre, Micheldever Station, and is followed by our NurtureYou Yoga Social after class, 7.45-9.30pm. At St Lawrence Parish Room, Winchester, our last class this term will be Thurs 26th March 2020.
- No classes w/c Mon 9th March 2020 due to a previous, longstanding hall booking.
- Free parking on site at both venues; Micheldever Train Station is a five minute walk away from the Warren Centre with trains every half hour at peak times.
- Friendly classes, and all the kit (mats etc.) to get you started. Everyone welcome
*Spring Term 2020 Special Offer*
- Only £5 cash drop-in for your first 'taster' class. £10 cash drop-in thereafter.
More about our Friendly Classes . . .
"Love the class, wouldn't change a thing!"
"For years I had intended to go to a yoga class and then, one day, I came across Jocelyn and NurtureYou Yoga. I started going to classes in March 2019; they are very friendly, thoughtful and well planned, with real benefits for both mind and body. To make up for lost time, I have also had some private 1-2-1 classes which are especially helpful for a beginner. There is ample time to concentrate on particular postures, with suitable adaptations relating to any medical issues, and for relaxation and meditation. The private classes are tailor made, helping me gain more knowledge about yoga and increasing my confidence to practice at home."
"I have been attending Jocelyn's NurtureYou Yoga classes since Nov 17, initially for relaxation. Not only are the classes very relaxing for the mind, but I have encountered wonderful physical benefits as well. As a fairly active tennis player and dog walker, I was constantly experiencing 'niggles' like tight shoulder, chest and hamstring muscles, and poor flexibility. These issues have improved immensely since starting NurtureYou Yoga. I highly recommend Jocelyn's classes, if like me, you want to achieve a more resilient and relaxed body and mind."